Disaster Relief Fund
Nebraska Farm Bureau established a Disaster Relief Fund at the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation to provide emergency aid to Nebraska farmers, ranchers, and rural communities affected by the March 2019 storms and flooding. The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit, and donations to the Disaster Relief Fund qualify as charitable contributions for tax purposes.
100% of the donations will be distributed to Nebraska farmers, ranchers, and rural communities affected by the disasters.
Donate by Mail
Check payable to Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation
with Disaster Relief in the memo line:
Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation
Attn: Disaster Relief Fund
P.O. Box 80299
Lincoln, NE 68501-0299
Application for Aid - Applications are closed.
Second round of aid distributions has started.
New and repeat applications are welcome to apply for aid.
Second Round Deadline: June 21, 2019 (All applications will be reviewed after the June 21 deadline)
- Primary household occupation is farming or ranching OR household resides in a rural community with a population of 5,000 or less.
- Suffered damage and loss due to March 2019 floods and storms.
- Farm Bureau membership is NOT required to apply or receive aid.
- Self application only. No nominations, please.
- Paper application forms no longer accepted. For assistance accessing the online application, call Megahn at (402) 421-4747.
Wellness in Tough Times
Nebraska Farm Bureau Resources
- Donate to Disaster Relief Fund
- Apply for Aid from Disaster Relief Fund
- What do I do if...? Disaster Resource
- Nebraska Rural Response Hotline - (800) 464-0258
- If you're feeling overwhelmed with stress, depression, or other mental health related issues.
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture - 1-800-831-0550.
- Disaster Relief Information Sheet
- Hay and Forage Website & Hotline - (402) 471-4876
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Nebraska Strong Website
- Donate/Request Resources
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
- Nebraska Department of Transportation
- Up-to-date inforamtion on road/bridge closures
- Salvation Army Volunteer Hotline - (402) 898-6050
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) or 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Farm Service Agency
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
Agriculture Disaster Exchange
When natural disasters hit, there are always people in need. We also know there are always people looking to help.
That’s why Nebraska Farm Bureau developed the Agriculture Disaster Exchange (ADE). Like a “want ad” page, the ADE provides a place for Farm Bureau members to seek and offer help, as well as share information during tough times.
- Have extra hay to sell or donate to help a producer recover from the blizzard? Post it.
- Looking for extra help or equipment to help in disaster recovery? Post it.
- Want Nebraska Farm Bureau to know how recovery is going or problems you’re experiencing? Post it.
These are a just a few examples of how Farm Bureau members can use the ADE as a clearinghouse to share information. It’s the responsibility of portal users to contact each other to negotiate interactions or transactions.