A Message from NEFB President, Steve Nelson
– Steve Nelson
NEFB’s Rural Mental Health and Wellness
No matter what’s going on in your life, isolation, low commodity prices or the struggling livestock sector, Nebraska Farm Bureau wants to offer resources that can help at our Rural Resilience web page. If you need someone to talk to, call the Rural Response hotline at 800-464-0258 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273- 8255.
Resources for Farmers and Ranchers
- Resources - (May 19, 2020) NEW Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) Guide
- Resources - (May 12, 2020) NEW NEFB’s Quick Guide to SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- Resources – (May 8, 2020) NEW Handling Contracts during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Resources – (May 6, 2020) NEW Working for Nebraska Cattle Producers Through COVID-19
- Resources – (April 30, 2020) NEW Resources to Help in Challenging Times – Livestock Depopulation/Meat Processing
- Email – (April 27, 2020) NEW Assistance Programs for Farmers and Ranchers
- Email - (April 16, 2020) NEW A Note from President Steve Nelson and Chief Administrator Rob Robertson
- Resources - (April 15, 2020) The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Q&A Guide for Farmers and Ranchers
- Resources - (April 13, 2020) NE. Dept. of Ag Eases Restrictions on Pesticide Applicator License Holders
- Resources - (April 9, 2020) NE Dept. of Environment – Temporary Allowance for More Livestock On Site Than Permitted For
- Resources - (April 6, 2020) A Farmer, Rancher Guide to the CARES Act
- Resources - (April 3, 2020) COVID-19 Guidance for Livestock Markets
- Resources - (April 3, 2020) COVID-19 Guidance for Dairies Unable to Ship Milk
- Resources - (March 31, 2020) Checklist for Farmers/Ranchers Responding to COVID-19
- Resources - (March 31, 2020) Federal, State Programs and Temporary Regulations Changes Affecting your Operation During COVID-19
- News Release - (March 23, 2020) Risk of COVID-19 Spread to Rural Hospitals Real Farm and Ranch Checklist
- News Release - NEFB Shares COVID-19 Relief Package Priority List with Nebraska’s Congressional Delegation
- Resources - Serving Members During COVID-19 Response
- Resources - White House Lists Ag as Essential Critical Infrastructure
- Resources - US Department of Transportation Expands National Emergency Declaration for Commercial Vehicles Delivering Relief in Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Resources - Waiver of Hauling Requirements Governor Ricketts Executive Order
- Video - (April 8, 2020) Facebook LIVE “The CARES Act and Agriculture” with Tina Barrett, Nebraska Farm Business, Inc.
- Video - President Nelson Talks about Risk of COVID-19 in Rural Nebraska
- Video - Facebook LIVE with UNMC Chancellor Dr. Jeffrey Gold
- Video - NEFB Reviews COVID-19 Relief Package
- Audio - (April 15, 2020) Tele Health Town Hall with Farm Bureau Members
- Audio - Tele Health Town Hall with Farm Bureau Members
- Foundation - Virtual Learning to keep kids busy during the pandemic
- American Farm Bureau Covid-19 Webpage
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture COVID-19 Webpage
What You Need to Know About COVID-19
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services tracks the Coronavirus Disease in Nebraska. dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
- UNMC www.unmc.edu/coronavirus/index.html
- Real time nationwide coronavirus tracking. coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Find the latest White House response, here. www.whitehouse.gov/1600daily
- Do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19. www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) application for Disaster Loan Assistance www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf
During the COVID-19 crisis we want you to take advantage of the discounts and special offers provided by our member benefit partners that can help Farm Bureau members during this unprecedented time.
Convenient Care Plus
During this COVID-19 crisis, telehealth is more important than ever. It’s convenient and a great way to keep you and your family healthy and out of the doctor’s office. Farm Bureau members in Nebraska can enroll in a telehealth membership program for as little as $7/month. With Convenient Care Plus you receive unlimited access to a network of credentialed physicians who can diagnose most healthcare problems and prescribe medication by phone or video conferencing. All plans include the cost of generic medications. Some plans cover the cost of x-rays, laboratory services, and Urgent Care Clinic visits.
Once enrolled, access begins immediately. To learn more or enroll now visit: convenientcareplus.com/nefb/index.html
Office Depot/Office Max
With everyone either working, or managing schoolwork and lessons, from home, we want to remind you that Farm Bureau member benefit partners like Office Depot/OfficeMax offer Farm Bureau members some great options. Order home office and school supplies online and take advantage of Free Next-Business Day Delivery on orders over $50. As a Farm Bureau member you have access to exclusive discounts on: paper, ink/toner, pens, pencils, binder clips, post-its and more! Shop online at nefb.savingcenter.net and Register or Sign-In for Farm Bureau pricing. When shopping in stores reference Store Purchasing Card account # 80119285117 to receive the discount. Text “NEFB” to 555-888 and save your free discount card on your phone.
Grainger is committed to your health and safety and offers Farm Bureau members recommendations for disinfecting and safety on your farms and ranches. Nebraska Farm Bureau members get special member prices on selected categories and brands. PLUS get free standard parcel shipping on all standard Grainger products.
AVIS - Budget Group
To help get college students home during this COVID-19 pandemic, Avis and Budget are suspending the underage penalty fee until April 30th so people between the ages of 21-24 can rent a car.